Special Cousnel is seeking a Patent Agent for our East Valley based client to support the in-house legal department in meeting client's business objectives related to the protection of intellectual property interests as well as monitoring and analyzing competitive IP portfolios.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include:
Patent Drafting and Prosecution including drafting, preparing, and filing patent applications, including provisional and non-provisional applications; reviewing office actions from US and foreign patent offices; and drafting responses or response instructions for outside counsel or complete formal responses.
Patent Research and Analysis including patent research, analysis, advice and opinions for patentability, state of the art, freedom to operate, validity, mergers and acquisitions, licensing, litigation support and monitoring and analyzing competitor intellectual property portfolios.
Identifying Intellectual Property and document patentable subject matter and trade secret subject matter from invention disclosure forms, white papers, product development meetings, research and development meetings, and meetings with individual associates; train, educate, and counsel associates on intellectual property matters such as, the patenting process, best practices, changes in intellectual property law, and company policies; and review associates' proposed presentation materials, research papers, and other publications to assess the impact on intellectual property rights and portfolio.
· Bachelor’s degree, or advanced degree, in life sciences.
· 1 – 2 years’ experience working with patents and intellectual property
· Experience in patent searching, patent drafting and patent prosecution
· Experience with interfacing with researchers and other employees
· Ability to rapidly come up to speed on new technology, industry, etc.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records