Are you an experienced patent prosecution / IP secretary interested in a full-time, permanent opportunity in Costa Mesa, CA? You will be responsible for creating, revising, and filing prosecution documents (including IDS’s, terminal disclaimers, shell amendments, restriction requirements, etc.), patent annuity invoicing, preparing and filing assignment recordation online with the USPTO, providing cost estimates to clients, filing domestic and foreign US applications using PCT Easy/EFS Web, updating electronic filing systems as needed, composing correspondence, docketing, and other tasks as assigned. The ideal candidate will have previous law firm experience and be extremely knowledgeable about court filing procedures and coordinating large document compilations and mail outs.
- Must have 3-5+ years of patent prosecution, PCT/USPTO patent filing, and patent annuity payment management experience; previous law firm or professional services experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills with typing speed of 80wpm or higher
- Experience with the following softwares: Microsoft Suite (Word, Styles, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), PCT Easy, EFS Web, PAIR, IPMaster, PatentHunter, CIP - Patent Annuity Service, Adobe Acrobat, USPTO, and WIPO websites
- Comprehensive knowledge of IP law and USPTO practices
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communications with impeccable grammar and spelling
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a flexible, positive attitude
If you are a qualified IP secretary interested in stepping up your career today, please submit your resume in Word format to OC@SpecialCounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply! Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.