Are you an experienced patent prosecution / IP secretary interested in a full-time, permanent opportunity in Palo Alto, CA? You will be responsible for processing new business intake; coordinating travel; time entry; phone support; filing domestic and foreign US applications with USPTO; creating, revising, and filing prosecution documents; composing correspondence; and other tasks as assigned. The ideal candidate will have previous law firm experience and be extremely knowledgeable about court filing procedures and coordinating large document compilations and mail outs.
- Must have 5+ years of patent prosecution and USPTO patent filing experience
- Experience with Microsoft Suite (Word, Styles, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), EFS Web, Adobe Acrobat, USPTO, and WIPO websites
- A thorough understanding of state and federal court rules, calendaring, and filing / e-filing procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge of IP law and USPTO practices
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communications with impeccable grammar and spelling
If you are a qualified patent prosecution / IP secretary interested in stepping up your career today, please apply above or submit your resume in Word format to SanFrancisco@SpecialCounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply! Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.