Are you a legal assistant with heavy personal injury litigation experience interested in a full-time, permanent job opportunity in downtown Portland, OR? We especially want to hear from you if you have wrongful death and/or probate litigation experience. You will be responsible for drafting, formatting, and proofing legal documents and correspondence.; filing and e-filing in state and federal courts; calendaring for a very busy firm; docketing; legal research; and other tasks as assigned. You may also be responsible for administrative tasks, such as client correspondence, answering phones, maintaining office supplies, attorney time entry, billing and expense report support, and monitoring deadlines and schedules. The ideal candidate will be a pleasure to work with, with a no-task-too-small, pleasant demeanor and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years of personal injury legal assistant experience required, wrongful death and/or probate litigation experience is a plus
- Strong computer proficiency, especially with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- A thorough understanding of filing/e-filing procedures, calendaring, and legal document formatting guidelines
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Great communication skills, a sense of humor, and a helpful, no-job-too-small mindset
If you are a qualified personal injury legal assistant interested in stepping up your career today, please apply above or submit your resume in Word format to Portland@SpecialCounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply.