Are you a mid- to senior-level real estate finance attorney interested in a remote contract opportunity with a top firm in Los Angeles? This role has the option to be part- or full-time. You will be assisting a busy real estate practice group with 20 closings. We are looking for someone with experience representing lenders who can expertly and independently review and approve titles and surveys, prepare title instructions and pro-forma title policies (including lender endorsements), and conduct BK and lien searches. You will also be expected to independently review and approve borrower organizational documents, borrowing resolutions, and litigation, and be comfortable preparing UCC financing statements, ancillary loan documents, and closing checklists. The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills with superb attention to detail and a high level of tech skills.
- JD required; must be licensed and in good standing in CA
- 6-20 years of CA real estate finance experience
- Must have experience representing lenders
- Familiarity with titles and surveys, title instructions, pro-forma title policies, BK and lien searches, borrower organizational documents, borrowing resolutions, borrowing litigation, UCC financing statements, ancillary loan documents, and closing checklists
- Strong computer proficiency, especially with MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- High sense of autonomy; able to prioritize an ever-shifting list of tasks independently and confidently
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
If you are a qualified real estate finance attorney interested in stepping up your career today, please submit your resume in Word format to LosAngeles@SpecialCounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply! Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.