The New York City Office of a premiere law firm is looking for a Real Estate Legal Assistant Specialist to provide support to the arttorneys in the real estate practice.
Real Estate Legal Assistant Specialist Responsibilities:
- Ordering title insurance, clearing title, reviewing title reports and surveys
- Prepare mortgage documents and make sure that all goes smoothly with escrow closings and with title companies.
- Prepare, monitor and track closing documents, closing checklists, deeds and transfer tax returns.
- Coordinate with attorneys and clients on closings and post-closing matters
- Create limited liability companies, including preparation of formation documents, ordering searches, UCC filings and overseeing all filing requirements.
- Support multi-state commercial transactions, including: survey review, review of title insurance commitments and policies, document production and proofreading, assistance with the production and execution of mortgage documents and work on closings.
- Review underlying title exception documents; review title insurance commitments; review surveys and property descriptions (including negotiation of survey certifications); negotiate title insurance coverage on complex commercial transactions; negotiate title endorsements and affirmative coverage; act as primary contact with surveyors and title companies on the above.
- Perform real estate due diligence (including lease reviews); order and review flood hazard determinations and related required flood insurance; review departmental searches including zoning letters, PZR reports, certificates of occupancy, judgment and lien searches, environmental reports, housing building and fire department reports.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years supporting attorneys in the commercial and retail real estate arena required. .
- Strong client service and demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle and complete multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and available to work overtime as needed (includes evening and weekend).
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Must become a notary public within the first 6 months of employment (if not a notary public already).
If you are qualified, interested and available in this Real Estate Legal Assistant Specialist job in New York City, please send an MS Word version of your resume to specialcounsel.com