Large Dallas Law Firm seeking a Legal Secretary with a focus on Real Estate law.
1. Perform secretarial functions associated with firm administrative tasks, including processing new client/matter requests, client bills, time reports and expense reports.
2. Composes correspondence for client-related matters.
3. Performs word processing of drafts, revisions and final documents for client-related matters, including correspondence, memoranda, bills, timesheets and project work, as needed. This includes proofreading and redlining work for accuracy- copy, format, etc.
4. Copies, distributes, sends (electronically and/or via mail, courier or express service), file and otherwise handle completed work.
5. Coordinates travel arrangements.
6. Maintains physical and electronic files, contacts, and maintains dockets of cases for attorney.
7. Coordinates meetings and appointments, and properly receives clients/guests, as requested; keeps appointment calendar for attorney (including hearings, court appearances and other commitments).
8. Prepares minute books and closing binders, as needed.
9. Handles incoming and outgoing mail.
1. Provide secretarial assistance to summer associates, visiting attorneys and attorneys whose secretaries are absent.
2. Occasionally may deliver or collect documents for attorney at courthouse, title company, bank or other entities.
3. Occasionally may accompany attorney to closings to assist in handling materials, taking notes and preparing documents.
4. Performs other related duties as needed or assigned.
The legal secretary may report directly to the Human Resources Manager, Office Manager or HR Generalist, and indirectly to assigned attorneys.
Knowledge/Experience: At minimum, three or more years of experience working within a mid-size or large-size law firm is required. The secretary should possess working knowledge of general office procedures, as well as, strong familiarity with legal terminology related to general legal concepts and specific area(s) of assignment. Working knowledge and experience with the Firm’s technology and applications strongly preferred (NetDocs; Litera Workshare Compare; Interaction; Chrome River; Time Capture; Event Management Service, etc.); Prior experience with handling expense reports, client bills, multi-line phones and conflict checking forms, as well as working with Interaction or another CRM database, is strongly preferred. Prior experience supporting more than one attorney is required.
The legal secretary must possess advanced word processing/computer skills utilizing a variety of software programs including, but not limited to, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Adobe. The individual must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, including grammar, spelling and punctuation. Strong phone etiquette, attention to detail and follow through skills is required. Must be knowledgeable with legal filing and record-keeping practices, as relevant to the specific practice. Must be highly organized and able to successfully multi-task and meet set deadlines. Strong customer service, ability to be flexible and work effectively as part of a team is required.
The legal secretary should possess a high school diploma. Two years of college or equivalent preferred, but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.specialcounsel.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records