Are you a patent prosecution specialist interested in a full-time job opportunity in Atlanta, GA? You will be assisting with both domestic and foreign patent prosecution work, but we are willing to consider those with very strong domestic experience if you are willing to learn! You will be responsible for preparing and filing patent applications, correspondence, and other legal documentation, including office action response shells, application data sheets, Information Disclosure Statements, inventor declarations, formalities responses, ePetitions; e-filing US and foreign patent applications and PCT applications; keeping attorneys abreast of deadlines, including setting reminders; obtaining foreign priority documents and priority documents from the USPTO; proofreading documents; legal research; and other tasks as assigned. Are you someone who exhibits high attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and the ability to constantly reprioritize an ever-shifting workload on the fly? This may be the role you’ve been searching for.
· 3+ years of IP patent prosecution experience, including PCT/USPTO patent filing
· Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred
· Experience with the following software: Microsoft Suite (Word, Styles, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), ePCT, EFS-Web, Adobe Acrobat, USPTO, and WIPO websites
· A thorough understanding of state and federal court rules, calendaring, and filing / e-filing procedures
· Comprehensive knowledge of IP law and USPTO practices
· Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
· Excellent written and oral communications with impeccable grammar and spelling
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a flexible, positive attitude
If you are a qualified patent prosecution paralegal interested in stepping up your career, please apply today! To see additional job opportunities across the country, check out www.specialcounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.specialcounsel.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records