Are you an experienced legal assistant interested in a short-term contract job opportunity this week in Seattle, WA? This firm covers a wide variety of practice groups, so we are interested in hearing from candidates with a range of experience. You will be responsible for drafting, formatting, and proofing legal documents and correspondence; filing and e-filing in federal, state, and appellate courts; calendaring; preparing pleadings and discovery binders; coordinating depositions and meetings; legal research; and other tasks as assigned. You may also be responsible for administrative tasks, such as coordinating travel, answering phones, time entry, transcription, expense reports, and monitoring deadlines and schedules. The ideal candidate will be a pleasure to work with, with a no-task-too-small, pleasant demeanor and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ years of recent legal assistant experience required
- Strong computer proficiency, especially with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- A thorough understanding of filing/e-filing procedures, calendaring, and legal document formatting guidelines
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Great communication and interpersonal skills with a helpful, no-job-too-small mindset
If you are a qualified legal assistant interested in stepping up your career today, please apply above or submit your resume in Word format to Jessica.Jones@SpecialCounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply.