Special Counsel has paired with a top tier law firm in the D.C. area, looking for the perfect Staff Recruiter. Suitable candidates have at least 2 years of experience working in recruiting. The law firm is looking for an individual with experience in human resources and strong communication skills.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Determines appropriate sourcing and develops relationships with resources (when applicable) from the following: on-line searches, external job postings, ads, educational institutions, professional associations and publications, employment agencies and search firms
- Reviews applications to identify candidates who best meet eligibility requirements.
- Assists with firm's affirmative action plan including tracking applicant data, and assisting with compiling appropriate information for hires, departures, promotions and transfers
- Builds and maintains relationships with various local government agencies and diversity groups for outreach and recruiting purposes
- Identifies and reports on staffing trends.
- Assists hiring managers with temporary and contract support by identifying candidates, interviewing (if applicable) and on-boarding them into the firm. Tracks all temporary support
- Conducts reference and background checks on candidates prior to making a binding job offer
- Prepares materials and facilitates new hire orientation. Makes recommendations for new and updated versions to the orientation process as firm programs change
- In coordination with HR Generalists, schedules and conducts exit interviews. Conducts entrance interviews for new employees
- Assists in writing job descriptions according to established guidelines. Makes recommendations for job description content.
- Contributes to the firm's Service Excellence initiative to consistently improve its image internally and externally
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources principles, policies, practices, issues, laws and regulations, especially as they pertain to employment activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and techniques of structured interviewing
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with people at all levels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and SilkRoad
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of documents
- 2+ years of experience in recruiting
If you are qualified and interested, please apply below!