New York non-profit is looking for a temp to perm contracts paralegal for their NYC legal team. The paralegal would support two in-house attorneys and their primary job function would be contract review and tracking. There would also be some light administrative duties involved and some litigation duties if litigation arises.
- Provides paralegal services and administrative support to all attorneys on a privileged and confidential basis, including, without limitation, review and prepare contracts, documents, case and matter binders and other projects; prepare/revise/finalize sensitive, routine and advanced correspondence; organize and maintain Department files; manage department calendars;
- Utilizes SharePoint and/or other privileged/confidential legal management systems, including, without limitation, loading contracts into the system, tagging contracts for critical dates, tagging critical provisions for reporting purposes, tracking contracts throughout the contract review process, acting as the point-of-contact between the internal business clients and the Department with respect to the system, carrying out security protocols for the system, and educating Legal’s internal business clients on how to use the system.
- Facilitates and manages the corporate contracts review process, including, but not limited to, performing initial review of contract review requests from internal business clients for completeness and compliance with contract review policies and follow up with the internal business client to note any deficiencies and highlighting appropriate areas of accommodation in assisting internal clients in contract review protocol compliance; keeping a record of contract review requests, completion and status; working with attorneys to pinpoint and resolve contract compliance questions; following up with internal business clients to obtain fully executed agreement; obtaining and reviewing certificates of insurance and reviewing them for accuracy and following up to obtain fully executed originals from appropriate internal business clients when necessary.
- Assist on a wide variety of complex, sensitive and confidential situations, and in production of time-sensitive materials.
- Organizes, maintains and accesses over 2,000 Legal Department files, both paper and electronic.
- Schedules, coordinates, and organizes onsite and offsite meetings, Trial Boards, conferences, and events; coordinates food and beverage service, reserves rooms, makes hotel and travel arrangements and prepares materials.
- Assists in preparing for Trial Boards by coordinating selection of the location and date; securing court reporter, preparing necessary materials and supplies; coordinating shipment of materials to and from the meeting site; preparing and processing expenses related to the Trial Board including expense reports for the Trial Board members.
At least 3 years of experience dealing with contract review and tracking process.
Any litigation experience is a plus.
Candidate must be willing to pitch in and help in a variety of ways with a small in-house team. They are not looking for someone that just wants to be focused exclusively on contracts.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.specialcounsel.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records