Mahwah, New Jersey location of a premiere retail company is looking for a Temporary Contracts Analyst or Temporary Contracts Manager to work with their legal team and procurement team. Duration of assignment is at least 3 months and could extend beyond that.
Following submission of a contract review request and assignment of a legal tracking number, candidate will be the first legal team point of contact to review the contract review submission and will assist with the preparation and review of contract review submissions to the Legal team to ensure that all required information and documentation has been submitted by the business stakeholders for legal review.
Candidate will also be responsible for review of a defined category of low value/low risk contracts, such as contract amendments, task orders, assignments and purchase orders, and will be responsible to research and compile additional information not provided by the business stakeholders in accordance with the contract submission process
Candidate’s contract review will include:
1. Evaluation, review and negotiation of various contracts, (including statements of work, service orders, change requests, consulting agreements, and master agreements, customer proposed terms and conditions) submitted through the Legal Portal for legal review.
2. Serve as initial point of contact for Procurement team and business stakeholders ensuring timely initial review of contract terms and reconciliation of proposed terms with approved Legal Department thresholds.
3. Track and maintain communications regarding contract term negotiations and contract versions, and maintain version control of contract drafts.
4. As needed, provide guidance to Ascena Procurement team on Ascena Legal Team’s contracting practices and procedures.
5. Monitor and manage Procurement Team’s submission of contract review requests and ensure all information requested by Legal and Data Security teams have been responded to prior to formal legal review by Ascena attorneys.
6. Engage with Procurement team on projects that will require contracts and eventual legal review; escalate issues to Ascena attorneys as appropriate.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
1. Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills.
2. Ability to understand business issues related to contracts.
3. Excellent organizational skills.
4. Excellent communication skills (including presentation, listening and drafting), to inform business clients of expected turnaround times, and continue to communicate status of their contracts.
5. Ability to communicate effectively with client to ensure contract reflects desired product or service.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills such as cooperation; diplomacy; strong planning; organizational and coordinating skills, and strong internal consulting skills.
7. Ability to handle multiple contracts at the same time.
8. Ability to review contracts quickly with comprehension.
9. Good working knowledge of IT and software licensing agreements, and drafting of related statements of work.
10. Familiarity with contract types, structure, common terms, conditions, and life cycle within a corporate procurement environment.
11. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: At least 3 years of experience working with contracts; must know the different types of contracts and agreements
If you are qualified and interested to learn more about this Temporary Contracts Analyst or Temporary Contracts Manager role, please send an MS Word version of your resume to specialcounsel.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.specialcounsel.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records