Special Counsel is working with a Minneapolis firm who has an immediate need for a Legal Assistant / Paralegal to cover for a maternity leave. The position is expected to start mid-February and should last 12 weeks. This is a hybrid role and duties will consist of heavy legal administrative, case management and paralegal duties. The position will be supporting up to 6 attorneys.
- Scheduling and calendar management for 4-5 attorneys.
- Updating and keeping binders for various cases.
- Editing, proofing and revising documents.
- Filing in different court systems or administrative systems in different states.
- Updating and organizing of electronic files.
- Will conduct research - locating information for files, gather evidence for claims and defenses.
- Will draft correspondence, pleadings and other legal documents.
- Manage deadlines for all cases. Meet with attorneys weekly or biweekly to review file list and work with them on completing tasks and projects.
- Trial Prep and trial assistance.
The firm goes litigation work for a wide range of clients/cases. Need to know or be able to research the following.
- MN Rules of Civil Procedure
- MN Rules of General Practice
- MN Rules of Evidence (trial purposes)
- MN Rules of Appellate Procedure
- Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Federal Rules and State Rules for other states
- Military Court Systems which have their own set of laws, rules and regulations and filing systems.
- Maritime Law
This is a full-time, 40-hour/wk. position working 8am - 4:30pm, with some flexibility on start/end times.