We’re searching for a mid to senior level part-time contract attorney with international and domestic transportation regulatory knowledge. The engagement is anticipated to be 6 months in duration. Attorneys will have the ability to work remotely.
The ideal individual will have:
- 5-10 years of experience with transportation law, including contracts for ocean and air carriage.
- Prior experience in-house and/or at a mid-to-large sized firm.
- Subject matter expertise of international shipping conventions, such as Montreal, Warsaw, COGSA, Carmack, the CMR Convention, and the Hague-Visby Rules.
- Availability to work an average of 20 - 25 hours per week. Subject to deadlines and certain time constraints, the attorney could largely set their own “office hours”.
- Availability for occasional, limited travel. This is a flexible requirement and can be discussed as the need arises.
- Strong writing skills; practical, solution-focused orientation; and the ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders, both within the firm and the client.
Please note we're not looking for litigators or people who focus on transportation litigation, we’re targeting individuals with transactional practice and experience with logistics.