The Trademark Paralegal will work on matters relating to trademark, copyright and domain name matters, with an emphasis on foreign and domestic trademark prosecution. This position will interact with colleagues in a team setting and will work directly with other paralegals, attorneys, case assistants, clients and third party vendors and is expected to uphold the image of the Firm by maintaining positive contact with clients, attorneys and staff, and observing confidentiality of client matters.
- Assist with the planning and managing of trademark portfolios.
- Manage multiple client-facing databases containing trademark portfolios.
- Assist with the preparation, filing, prosecution and maintenance of trademark applications at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Initiate foreign filings and coordinate and correspond with foreign trademark agents.
- Monitor prosecution and all related deadlines. Ensure thorough communication and proper responses are provided.
- Prepare status charts for attorneys and clients. Communicate and correspond with clients concerning new and pending applications. Maintain and expand ongoing client relationships.
- Conduct online trademark searches and other investigatory functions.
- Organize, maintain and update files and docket information related to clients’ trademark, copyright and domain name portfolios.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program. 5+ years of extensive domestic and foreign trademark prosecution experience with knowledge of SAEGIS and CPI docket database. Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment. The ideal candidate will have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral), and exhibit a high degree of initiative and independent judgment with excellent troubleshooting and follow-through skills. They should also be computer proficient with advanced skills in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and Explorer) required. Knowledge and experience with database management and administration is preferred.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY