Trust and Estate Administration Paralegal
Special Counsel is currently searching for highly motivated, team-orientated candidate interested in joining a DuPage County law firm as a Trust and Estate Paralegal. Having a tax background will be helpful. The successful candidate will be able to perform each of the following tasks:
- Reviewing client estate planning documents for post-death administration of estates and trusts
- Preparing court pleadings to open and close probate estates.
- Preparing trust and will summaries, inventories, accounting, and spreadsheets
- Assisting with the collection, valuation, and distribution of assets
- Preparing federal and state estate tax returns, gift tax returns, and fiduciary income tax returns
- Preparing client memos and correspondence
- Funding marital and family trusts
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies
- 3+ years of trust and estate administration experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Professional interpersonal skills and knowledge of business etiquette
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.