Douglas is an information security executive with over 25 years of entrepreneurship and professional technology experience. He is a globally recognized expert in the field of cyber security, incident response, digital forensics, and information governance. In addition to serving as a CISO and leading enterprise security assessments, he has conducted hundreds of investigations involving hacking, data breaches, trade secret theft, employee malfeasance, and a variety of other legal and compliance issues. He also serves as a federally court appointed Special Master and neutral expert in high profile litigation matters involving privacy, security, and eDiscovery.
Douglas is the Vice President of Cyber Security Solutions at Special Counsel, an Adecco company. With Special Counsel’s services, Douglas and his teams provide incident response, governance, compliance, and end-to-end preventative security solutions for clients across the globe.
Prior to joining Special Counsel, Douglas held leadership roles with Kivu Consulting, Kraft Kennedy, and Duff & Phelps after founding several successful cyber security and technology consulting firms over the past two decades.
- Lead hundreds of Incident Response investigations involving network intrusions, ransomware, and hacking of web applications.
- Serving as author and spokesperson for highly public and newsworthy reports on Unmanned Aerial Vehicle devices for DJI, the largest commercial UAV company in the world.
- Serves as a federal court appointed Special Master on a large, high-profile litigation dealing with network forensics, data security, and privacy to review billions of network data transactions.
- Supports clients as a virtual CISO ("vCISO") to implement information security and risk management solutions around NIST-800, ISO 27001, CIS, and NIST CSF frameworks.
Founder and host of Cyber Security Interviews, a popular information security podcast.
With Special Counsel, Douglas and his team are focused on:
- Interim CISO / Virtual CISO Services
- Cyber Security Program Development
- Cloud Security Architecture
- Penetration Testing and Security Assessments
- Incident Response and Data Breaches
- Computer and Digital Forensics
- Records Management & Information Governance
My Featured Content
Cyber Security Interviews
The State of Cyber Security: 2019 Midpoint Update
What Legal Teams Need to Know About Ransomware